Dream Africa Schools is a GEMS school. We are a 60 year old organisation running schools across different continents with different curriculum. We operate on the principle of ‘Education for all’ with a simple and explicit goal of “Providing high quality education at an affordable cost”. Education should equip individuals with the required competencies, the ‘oars to row with on the river of life.’ One sure way of achieving the purpose of education is to have an organized education system which we have proven in years at GEMS Education. Our system is the result of determined and hard-working great minds over several decades.
Curriculum. Dream Africa Schools Uganda; follow the Uganda National Curriculum, delivered to International Standards of GEMS Education. High quality teaching materials, reference books, guides, dictionaries, maps support the teaching learning process coupled with customized age appropriate as well as culturally tuned Readers and workbooks for learners.
There will be an assessment on intimated date for students seeking admission to P I on-wards and during the assessment, presence of both the parents will be mandatory unless permission has been sought otherwise. Assessment/Admission tests are usually conducted immediately after the registration of the child (if the child is ready for) or within a maximum period of next three working days.
Nursery. For admission to Nursery there are no tests or interviews. The teacher observes / interacts with the child along with the parents. At Dream Africa Schools the interview is as pleasant and non-intimidating as we can make it. We are interested in knowing about the child’s/ students educational development, use of language, social skills, academic enthusiasms and extra-curricular interests. The aim of the interview is to find about what the student knows, understands and enjoys.
Primary. For admission to Primary classes there will be an admission test, post which there will be oral interviews. Presence of both the parents is mandatory for the same.
Procedure of Admission.
- No request for the change of dates for assessment / observation / interaction / interview will be entertained.
- The Student Admission form should be collected from the school office as soon as the assessment / observation / interaction / interview is done and the results are declared.
- The list of selected candidates will be put up on the School Notice Board at the Administrative Office.
- A Fee slip will be issued to parents or local / legal guardian of selected candidates as soon as the list is displayed on the notice board
- Once the above steps are satisfactorily completed parents will receive an admission offer and may pay the applicable fees to confirm admission.
- The school bursar will explain the admission procedure to the parents of the selected candidates
- It is mandatory for both the parents and local / legal guardian to be present to complete various admission formalities.
- For students seeking admission in P1 onwards, it is mandatory to submit previous schools result sheet . The schools may also ask for a “transfer certificate” from the last school attended.
- Fees once paid at the time of admission or later, are not refundable and NOT TRANSFERABLE unless until is approved otherwise from Dream Africa Management.
- The management reserves the right to have the last word in all matters relating to admission (s).
- The admissions are given as per guidelines framed by Ministery of Education and endorsed by Managing Committee of the school.
- Admissions in all the classes are open depending upon the availability of seats.
Fees Structure. All fee structures are guided by dream Africa schools fee policy. kindly contact nearest Dream Africa School for detailed inquiries on the same.
A 50 year GEMS Education experiential belief of delivering quality education across the globe drives DAS to ensure congenial teaching learning environments in purpose built building with strong foundations, pleasant exteriors, hygienic surroundings, marked play areas, tech enabled and resource rich infrastructure assuring outcome driven learning.
Dream Africa Schools are centers of holistic learning, this is accomplished through a series of extra-curricular activities we provide for in our schools. However this is a structured offering through focused “Skill clubs” . At this point we offer all students in our primary section to make a choice of “enrolling” to at least one of the three clubs : ( Hands on Skill, Scouting, & Coding) .