Merryland High School is a Secondary School which is Private owned.It is located in Wakiso district,Entebbe Municipal Council County. Located in Division B,Kigungu Parish, behind Entebbe International Airport at the Lake Victoria shore. Merryland has produced a second campus on an International basis at Katabi also in Entebbe, 2KM off the Entebbe Mayor’s gardeno n on your right hand side when heading from Kampala.
- Co-curricular Activities
- School Library: the library records the biggest number of learners every day with two full-time librarians managing the recently refurnished facility, students are able to learn in the best environment.
- Computer Laboratory: Our ICT facilities have enabled us to score the best marks for computer studies. We are on the road to making record-breaking excellence in the computer studies subject at O’ Level and ICT at A’Level.
- Science Laboratories: Merryland High School commands four fully stocked laboratories. The physics laboratory, the chemistry laboratory, the Biology laboratory and the Agriculture laboratory. All these facilities are well managed by our lab attendance who make sure they guide students on the use of the lab facilities.
- Health & Safety: School staff regularly conducts safety inspections and drills. Awareness programmes on health issues such as HIV transmission are provided to students and staff. Based on existing scientific knowledge and legal practice in Uganda, the School does not request HIV screening.
- Art Rooms: There is a spacious room for art with practising artists conducting classes.
- Canteen: The canteen offers meals and snacks at break time, lunchtime and after school at reasonable prices.
- Auditorium: The large auditorium that can accommodate all students is used by the school. The auditorium is equipped with a stage, sound facilities and most large-scale events are held.
- Dormitories: The dormitories are hygienically conducive with full time matrons and wardens who guide and nurture the students into responsible citizens.
- Safe Water: National Water and Sewerage Corporation tap water is in place for use.
- Balanced Diet: Students are fed on a balanced diet. The meals are prepared by qualified chefs under the supervision of the Welfare Committee.
The School has a large full-sized pitch for soccer, cricket, hockey, rugby, athletics and other sports. It also has a tarmacked basketball court.
Swimming lessons are conducted at the nearby Resort Beach pool in Entebbe. Swimming lessons are conducted by trained staff