Immaculate Heart Nyakibale Girls Senior Secondary School was opened way back on 8th March, 1969. This was under the initiation of the African Sisters of Our Lady of Good Counsel, who have run the school ever since. The school is Roman Catholic founded under Kabale Diocese Headed by the Sisters of Our Lady of Good Counsel.
The school is a Government aided one offering both Ordinary and Advanced level classes. It is fully accredited by the Uganda National Examinations Board as an Examination Centre. The Examination Centre number is U0083.
Vision, Mission and Moto
Vision: “The vision of the school is to: inculcate in the Girl child the idea of being an all-round lady of substance”
Mission: “To provide girls with quality education for their own Human integral Development and Nation Building”
Moto: “EXCELSIOR”. This is the foundation of the school’s philosophy. Excelsior is a Latin word which means to exercise some rewarding curiosity. The motto therefore represents the virtues of being high. excellent, superior, supreme it is an inner power urging the girls to pursue what is higher, better, greater the more satisfying and that of superior quality. Its dynamism warns one constantly of the unfinished laps. The motto also represents virtues of Patience, Discipline, Devotion, Perseverance, Faith, Sacrifice and Optimism.
Our Values Integrity, Excellence, Competence, Fear of God, Teamwork, Leadership, Discipline, Optimism.
- To provide a conducive environment for learning.
- Explore, identify and avail a wide range of opportunity to promote learning.
- Seek to identify and develop personal talents of the girls.
- To identity cultural inhibitions and develop programmes for overcoming them.
- To promote cultural heritage
- To develop personal confidence self motivation and a positively competitive spirit among the girls.
- To help girls excel in the academic, intellectual, scientific and social dimensions.
- To help the girl child to become God loving, morally upright and a woman of self esteem and substance.
- To build up a sound basis for scientific development in the girl child using CYBER SCHOOL TECHNOLOGY AND SECONDARY SCIENCE AND MATHEMATICS TEACHERS PROJECT (SESEMAT). These enhance quality teaching and learning.
The school offers a wide curriculum so as to provide a balanced education for the students and wider opportunities in career options.For senior 1 and 2, students study a total number of 14 subjects, all compulsory.