Hill Preparatory School is an education institution integrating children with special needs such as the disabled and offering very affordable international standards of unique education. Since its inception in January 1988, Hill Preparatory School in Uganda, has pioneered integrated special education where “learning disabled children” study alongside their regular counterparts for mutual benefit and excellence.
Hill Preparatory School has a specific goal which is to ensure that each child enrolled in the school receives maximum benefits where they are placed either towards the formal or modified education in Uganda, alternative certification in skills development.
- About Us
Mission. To provide an integrated environment where children with learning disabilities are educated alongside their regular counterparts for mutual benefit.
Vision. To be the leading school in Uganda excelling in integrated special education, combining academic life skills and extra co-curricular activities.
Core values. Child-centered approach, affirmation, security for children, opportunity for children to explore, discipline with fair consequences for inappropriate behavior, unity in diversity “all inclusive integration”, team work, excellence, empathy
- To provide formal education to learning disabled children alongside regular ones (ages 3 to young adults.
- To promote integrated special education where there is an acute need for more primary schools
- To save on foreign currency spent on handicap assessment and education of learning disabled children abroad
- To provide medical assessment clinics, therapy and other related services to special children in the country
- To provide vocational and pre-vocational training and non-formal educational program including traditional, such as art and craft, and modern program such as ICT for children.
- To carry out research and library services on integrated special education and related topics.
- To provide sports and recreational facilities for residents in Kampala.
Hill preparatory school has a mainstream section from nursery to P7 where both regular children and children with learning disabilities are treated equally and they both sit for PLE at a P7 level at the school center. The school also has a daycare section from 3 months to 3year old babies.
Hill preparatory school offers transport services to parents who have challenges with transporting their children to school both too and fro at a friendly fee depending on the destination.
The school also has a daycare section from 3 months to 3year old babies.